Spicy Pork Pasts
PREP TIME | 20 MIN COOK TIME | 20 MIN
- 12oz medium shells
- 1lb ground spicy sausage (or turkey)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cloves garlic or more
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 4oz mushrooms
- Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef bone broth or beef broth
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Boil water for pasta and follow directions on the pasta box. 8-10 minutes
- Chop kale removing all stems. Rinse well, removing all debris, let dry on a paper towel, and set aside
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat and cook the ground sausage. Once cooked, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan on medium to low heat. Sauté garlic, bell pepper, and onion. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning cook for about 5 min. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 min.
- Pour beef broth, tomato sauce, and let simmer.
- Pour ground sausage, shells, heavy cream, and Parmesan into bell pepper mixture. Add additional heavy cream if you want it creamier. Simmer until desired thickness about 10 min
- Add kale, stir and cover for the last 5 min.
WHEN I COME HOME AFTER A DAY AT WORK HAVING SOMETHING SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS IS A MUST. I HOPE YOU FIND THIS AS JUST THAT.